Victim’s daughter: Severed propane line led to fatal blast

Click here to read complete article

AUGUSTA, Maine – A propane explosion that killed a firefighter and injured six of his colleagues and another person last year in Maine was caused by a post that was placed in the ground to protect an exterior heating unit, severing an underground gas line, according to testimony at a recent legislative hearing.

Dig Safe Laws prohibit digging around certain underground utility lines. In Maine, liquefied propane gas lines are not covered, according to a …read more

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on google
Google+
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *