ON AUGUST 10, 2022, Texas811 unveiled two new websites with a new layout that is easy to navigate.
The new sites are another Texas811 initiative to help stakeholders efficiently get what they need and help excavators and the general public easily access Texas811’s information about safe digging.
A key change on the new website is the menu option at the top of the site that provides a one-stop shop for facility operators, excavators, and homeowners/DIYers. Examples include:
• The Learning Hub page that includes beneficial videos and information for Facility Operators, Professional Excavators, and Homeowners/DIYers.
• The Self-Service Hub page where facility operators can access forms to make changes to their company’s contact information, utility mapping, or request a review of a locate request they received or should have received.
• The What to Expect pages for both excavators and homeowners/DIYers have been combined into one page with options to view “What to expect before and after contacting 811”.
• Texas811 En Español has moved to its own website. The new Texas811 En Español website houses fresh new content translated into Spanish and can be accessed from the English website or by using the new website link. It’s easy to toggle between the English and Spanish websites with just a click of a button on either website.
We patiently built the new website to optimize the user experience for facility operators, excavators, and homeowners/DIYers. All the information from our previous website is on the new enhanced site but presented in a more professional and navigable layout.
Texas811 will continue to fine-tune the new website.
• For English content visit: www.Texas811.org.
• For Spanish content visit: www.texas811enespanol.org.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to the Marketing & Communications Team at CommunicationsTeam@Texas811.org.