Ruptured Gas Line Contained, Evacuated Residents Safe
TimesReporter.com | Independent Report Staff
This morning’s gas leak in southeast Massillon resulted in nine evacuations, put schools on alert, and kept safety forces busy for much of the day.
MASSILLON When Katrina Karnes heard some neighboring houses were being evacuated due to a gas leak, she didn’t stick around to see what would happen. She could smell natural gas outside of her home.
Karnes, a resident of the Walnut Hills area, packed a few items for herself and her son, a student at Massillon Intermediate School. She took her two cats to her father’s house.
“There’s no reason to wait for something to happen if I can avoid it,” she said. “I was right on the edge of where they stopped…read the full story.