LSAW Artwork Submission
Locators are the backbone of the underground infrastructure industry. In 2020, Locator Safety Appreciation and Awareness Week (LSAW) will focus on the Top 10 Locator Hazards encountered. Submissions should focus on one of the Top 10 Locator Hazards: 1. Confined Space, 2. Threats to the Eye, 3. Climate & Weather, 4. Dog Bites, 5. Punctures & Foot Trauma, 6. Poison Ivy & Other Skin Threats, 7. Insect Bites and Stings, 8. Walking, Lifting, Bending and Squatting, 9. Slips, Trips & Falls, 10. Time on the Road.
The LSAW Artwork Contest is open to all artists. Submissions must be an entirely original work of art by the submitter.
LSAW Artwork Contest Overview
- All visual forms of communication accepted: photo, digital design, illustration, painting, infographic.
- Submission Start Date
- Wednesday, March 25, 2020
- Submission End Date
- Saturday, September 19, 2020
- Voting is open December 1, 2020 – February 1, 2021
- Voting takes place at locatorsafety.com
- Artwork submissions, with artist names removed, will be voted upon by the readers of dp-PRO.
- In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by the Locate Advisory Board.
- Top Finalists will be privately contacted by email on or before February 15, 2021
- Winner Announced during Damage Prevention Week, March 24, 2021 in Tampa, Florida
- Artwork submissions must be received digitally.
- Artwork must clearly highlight one of the Top 10 Locator Hazards
- Contest is open to all artists concerned with damage prevention
- Artwork may not incorporate any copyrighted or trademarked elements
Prior to being published on www.dp-PRO.com, submissions will be review for eligibility and the following elements:
- Clearly illustrated hazard
- Relevance of theme
- Creativity, originality, and artistic quality
- Visual clarity, ability to easily view elements
Ownership of Artwork
Ownership of the artwork submitted for the contest will become property of Infrastructure Resources, LLC.