LSAW Artwork Submission
Utility locators are the backbone of the underground infrastructure industry. Making timely, accurate marks keeps the public safe, protects infrastructure, and allows every other sector of the industry to operate successfully. In conjunction with Locator Safety & Appreciation Week (LSAW), dp-PRO is holding an artwork competition to further highlight the importance of locators’ work. The competition is an opportunity for readers to showcase their artistic ability while making a contribution to LSAW’s mission to increase locator safety and appreciation. The winning artist will be announced during Damage Prevention Week at the 2021 Global Excavation Safety Conference and their winning piece will be featured on the cover of the 2021 dp-PRO Special Locate issue.
WHAT IS LSAW?
LSAW, Locator Safety & Appreciation Week, is an annual event celebrating locators and the work they perform. Their hard work and dedication ensure the safety of the public and the protection of infrastructure we all rely on. LSAW is an opportunity for the industry to say “thank you” to locators for all that they do. The 2021 LSAW event will take place April 19-25.
Artists are tasked with creating a piece of original art that communicates an appreciation for locate technicians, the work they perform, or the hazards they face. All topics relating to locate technicians are accepted and encouraged, from artists and non-artists alike, so long as they promote the appreciation and well-being of locate technicians. All visual forms of art are encouraged including, but not limited to, photography, illustration, and painting. Creativity is heavily considered in the selection process, so have fun with it! Artwork submissions will be accepted through Thursday, October 15, 2020. The artwork submissions, with artist names removed, will be voted on by the readers of dp-PRO from December 1, 2020 – February 1, 2021. Voting will take place at locatorsafety.com. The winning submission will be announced at the 2021 Global Excavation Safety Conference, be celebrated on the cover of the 2021 dp-PRO Special Locate issue, and will become the featured poster for 2021 LSAW, April 19-25!
Visit locatorsafety.com for inspiration, where you will find dp-PRO articles related to and written by locate technicians, a list of the top 10 hazards locators face in the field, and examples of previous years’ posters.
SUBMIT ARTWORK BELOW
LSAW Artwork Contest Overview
- All visual forms of communication accepted: photo, digital design, illustration, painting, infographic.
- Submission Start Date
- Wednesday, March 25, 2020
- Submission End Date
- Thursday, October 15, 2020
- Voting is open December 1, 2020 – February 1, 2021
- Voting takes place at locatorsafety.com
- Artwork submissions, with artist names removed, will be voted upon by the readers of dp-PRO.
- In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by the Locate Advisory Board.
- Top Finalists will be privately contacted by email on or before February 15, 2021
- Winner Announced during Damage Prevention Week, March 24, 2021 in Tampa, Florida
- Artwork submissions must be received digitally.
- Artwork must clearly highlight one of the Top 10 Locator Hazards
- Contest is open to all artists concerned with damage prevention
- Artwork may not incorporate any copyrighted or trademarked elements
Prior to being published on www.dp-PRO.com, submissions will be review for eligibility and the following elements:
- Clearly illustrated hazard
- Relevance of theme
- Creativity, originality, and artistic quality
- Visual clarity, ability to easily view elements
Ownership of Artwork
Ownership of the artwork submitted for the contest will become property of Infrastructure Resources, LLC.