A Rotting Durian Fruit Prompted a Gas Leak Scare and Evacuations on a Melbourne College Campus

A Rotting Durian Fruit Prompted a Gas Leak Scare and Evacuations on a Melbourne College Campus

Laignee Baron | Time

Fears of a gas leak caused around 500 students and staff to be evacuated from a university library in Melbourne, Australia on Saturday.

But instead of poisonous vapors, the 40 firefighters and specialists called to the scene found a rotting durian fruit stashed in a cupboard, according to the Herald Sun.

Melbourne’s Metropolitan Fire Brigade had sent out an alert about a possible chemical hazard at the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology after the smell of gas was reported at the campus library…(Read the full story)

 

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on google
Google+
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *