Family Smells Gas and Escapes Maryland Home Before It Explodes, Authorities Say
Martin Weil | The Washington Post
A family of five escaped their Howard County home just before an explosion late Friday, authorities said Saturday.
According to Howard County fire officials, the department was alerted by the homeowner to a gas leak inside the residence in the 15000 block of Bushy Park Road of Woodbine. Shortly after firefighters arrived, the department said, there was an explosion.
Two adults and three children got out before the blast, according to the fire department. No one was injured; the family dog also was safe…(Read the full story)