Homes Evacuated and Street Sealed off After Ruptured Gas Pipe Ignites
Chris Bishop | Eastern Daily Press
Twelve homes were evacuated after a ruptured gas pipe ignited.
The drama happened in Willow Road, Hunstanton, just before 4pm.
Police and firefighters sealed off the street, while gas engineers made the scene safe.
Station manager Bob Ayres said the leak occurred after a member of the public cut through a gas pipe.
“Someone was using an angle grinder to cut through concrete,” he said. “Sparks from the grinder ignited the gas. There was a metre-high flame…” (Read the full story)