1 Hurt in Fire from Ruptured Gas Line near New Home Construction in Springfield

1 Hurt in Fire from Ruptured Gas Line near New Home Construction in Springfield

Breaking News Staff | Dayton Daily News

A construction worker suffered a burn injury in the fire that erupted in a gas line on Secretariat Drive when a crew using a walk-behind trencher hit the line.

The worker suffered a first-degree burn but did not require a trip to a hospital, fire officials said.

The fire occurred about 3 p.m. and a Columbia Gas crew is making repairs, said Dave Rau, communication manager. The ruptured line is between an existing home and a new residential construction. Crews quickly extinguished the fire in about 20 minutes.

There are an estimated 91 customers who will be without service in the 300 block of Secretariat Drive, as well as some on Roscommon Drive and Kilkenny Court and Prestwick Village Circle, for several hours, Rau said…(Read the full story)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *