A Rotting Durian Fruit Prompted a Gas Leak Scare and Evacuations on a Melbourne College Campus

A Rotting Durian Fruit Prompted a Gas Leak Scare and Evacuations on a Melbourne College Campus

Laignee Baron | Time

Fears of a gas leak caused around 500 students and staff to be evacuated from a university library in Melbourne, Australia on Saturday.

But instead of poisonous vapors, the 40 firefighters and specialists called to the scene found a rotting durian fruit stashed in a cupboard, according to the Herald Sun.

Melbourne’s Metropolitan Fire Brigade had sent out an alert about a possible chemical hazard at the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology after the smell of gas was reported at the campus library…(Read the full story)

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *