After nearly 2 days, gas main fire extinguished in Roslindale
After nearly two days, National Grid crews were able to extinguish a blistering fire that was sparked Sunday by a gas main break on Hyde Park Avenue in Boston’s Roslindale neighborliness.
Crews responded to the scene just after 6 p.m. Sunday. The fire was put out Tuesday just before 2 p.m.
Fire officials said under normal circumstances, they would have shut the gas off to contain the fire. However, shutting the gas off would have left 8,200 homes without heat as the area deals with bitter cold temperatures…(Read the full story)